Rules and Regulations No. 1330
(Ref:) Policy No. 1330
(Ref:) Procedure No. 1330
USE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY AND FACILITIES
1.0 SUBMISSION OF REQUEST FOR USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
- 1.1 The “Request for Use of School Facilities” form shall be submitted and a permit issued for all uses other than school activities.
- 1.1.1 A request shall be filed with the school at least 10 days before the event.
- 1.1.2 The request must be signed by an adult of 21 years of age or older.
- 1.1.3 The signatory of the application is responsible for all aspects of use as outlined in the policy and regulations.
- 1.1.4 The calendar clearance shall be obtained from the applicable school.
- 1.1.5 Applications shall be reviewed and approved by the Director of Maintenance or the Accounting Department designee working in conjunction with the Director of Maintenance. Upon approval, a permit will be issued to the renter.
- 1.1.6 Applications shall be reviewed by the Director of Maintenance.
- 1.1.7 All permits are revocable at any time.
2.0 GENERAL REGULATIONS
- 2.1 The request for school facilities shall not interfere or conflict with the educational program.
- 2.2 The possession or use of alcohol, tobacco or narcotics shall not be permitted within 1,000 feet of any school facility or property.
- 2.3 Shoes with cleats or plates will not be permitted in school buildings.
- 2.4 Renter must provide two or more adult activity supervisors who will be required to be on the premises during the entire rental period. This renter-designated person shall be responsible to see that all building rental rules, regulations and laws are adhered to by participants and those attending. Any violations will be reported to the school representative who will notify school administration. The adult activity supervisor will be available to resolve any issues that arise during event or may be reported by school representative. (Principal or Director of Maintenance may require additional activity supervisors.) A representative of the school district, usually a custodian, will be present on school property the entire time period whenever an authorized activity is taking place, will secure the building and report violations. If the custodian is pulled away from their duties excessively, additional charges may be levied. The District is not responsible for crowd control or any criminal activity that takes place during building rental.
- 2.5 No use shall be granted in such a manner as to constitute a monopoly for the benefit of any person or organization.
- 2.6 No privilege for using the buildings or grounds shall be granted for a period exceeding one year. The privilege is renewable and revocable at any time.
- 2.7 Whenever the rules and regulations have been violated, the school, with the approval of the Director of Maintenance, may revoke the permit to use the facilities and refuse to consider future building rental agreements/permits.
3.0 RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS OR INDIVIDUALS
- 3.1 All permits are for specific facilities and hours. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to see that unauthorized portions of the properties are not used and the premises are vacated as scheduled.
3.2 The district assumes no liability for personal injury or property damage. Persons or organizations using any part of the school properties are required to obtain public liability insurance. Groups or individuals work directly with a vendor to obtain a Certificate of Insurance. The Certificate of Insurance must list Alpine School District as an additional insured. Additional information can be found at: www.alpine.k12.ut.us.
- 3.3 All juvenile organizations and groups seeking use of the school premises shall have adequate adult sponsorship and supervision of each separate facility used including shower and locker rooms.
- 3.4 Additional fees may be levied equal to the actual replacement, repair or clean up cost for any loss, damage, or condition resulting from any activity beyond normal use. Any custodial clean-up beyond normal use will be billed at 1.5 times regular rate.
- 3.5 Persons or organizations using school premises, including a stage or stage equipment, shall not remove or displace furniture or apparatus, including lights, curtains, ceiling balance, counter weights system, or switchboard, except when under the direct supervision of a designated school employee. Where the stage is to be used, full details of equipment and personnel needed must be furnished with the application.
- 3.6 Drapes, hangings, curtains, drops and all decorative materials used within or upon school buildings shall be made of non-flammable material, or shall be treated and maintained by means of a solution or process approved by the State Fire Marshall. No open fires or flames (candles) shall be permitted.
- 3.7 All functions shall close by 10:30 p.m., unless special permission is secured in advance from the building administrator.
- 3.8 Building rental monies will be paid before date of rental and sent with applicable forms to the accounting department designee. If all required paperwork is on file at the District, 80 percent of the money collected will be reimbursed to the school. Reimbursement is quarterly.
- 3.9 No storage is available, and equipment owned by individuals or organizations must be removed after each use.
4.0 DISTRICT EQUIPMENT USED ON SCHOOL PREMISES
- 4.1 District-owned equipment may be used on school premises under the following provisions:
- 4.1.1 Permission is secured from the principal or designee of the school concerned.
- 4.1.2 The organization assumes the responsibility for such equipment, and agrees to repair or replace any equipment which might be damaged, lost or stolen while under its jurisdiction.
- 4.1.3 The group or organization requesting the use of equipment certifies that it will be operated by a qualified person.
- 4.1.4 Use of other than school equipment will be prohibited unless cleared with the principal prior to use.
5.0 REGULATIONS RELATED TO CAFETERIA USE
- 5.1 District cafeteria facilities including kitchens may be used by PTA and other groups with the approval of the Director of Food Services.
- 5.2 Use must be arranged and approved at least 10 days in advance of the event.
- 5.3 A cafeteria employee approved by the Director of Food Services must be present any time a kitchen is used. Payment of the cost of the employee shall be made to the District, not the employee.
- 5.4 No district foodstuffs of any kind may be used by outside groups.
6.0 REGULATIONS RELATED TO THE USE FOR RELIGIOUS SERVICES
- 6.1 An actual cost rental will be charged by the school district.
- 6.2 The lease to any one religious organization may not exceed five separate or consecutive calendar days, or portions thereof in any one fiscal year, unless special approval has been granted by the Board of Education.
- 6.3 It must be shown that the school has no need for the particular property at the times requested.
- 6.4 The letting of the property may not encompass time immediately preceding, during, or immediately following formal class instruction.
7.0 REGULATIONS RELATED TO THE USE FOR DANCES AND CONCERTS
- 7.1 At least one adult whose primary concern is supervision must be present for each 100 people.
- 7.2 No alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or narcotics are permitted on the school grounds.
- 7.3 Decorations and other refuse must be removed at the conclusion of the activity.
- 7.4 A police permit must be obtained whenever admission is charged.
- 7.5 At the principal’s discretion, the renter may be required to employ police officers for security supervision at the maximum ratio of one officer per 100 participants.
8.0 RENTAL FEES FOR USE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY AND FACILITIES
- 8.1 Guidelines
- 8.1.1 Rental fees shall be paid in advance.
- 8.1.2 The following items are not included in the basic fee schedule. Therefore additional fees may be required.
- 18.104.22.168 Set up for track event, football games, or the like
- 22.214.171.124 Audio or loud-speaking systems
- 126.96.36.199 Auditorium spots, use of dimmer boards, and stage equipment
- 188.8.131.52 Motion picture projectors or other visual aid equipment except existing screens in the facility rented
- 184.108.40.206 Use of school kitchens
- 220.127.116.11 Use of school district’s cloth towels
- 18.104.22.168 Moving and use of grand pianos
- 22.214.171.124 Tuning of grand pianos
- 126.96.36.199 Use of extra personnel
- 8.1.3 If multiples of classrooms are used at one school, the lesser hourly rate will apply per room, except for multi-purpose rooms and auditoriums.
- 8.1.4 Includes routine clean up only, additional clean-up time at labor cost.