1.0 MEDICAL, SURGICAL, AND EXTENDED HEALTH INSURANCE
- 1.1 Full-time contracted educators are provided a medical, surgical, and extended health insurance program as a fringe benefit. Employees new to the district and those wishing to make open enrollment changes will be offered the district insurance. Educators must make application and qualify within 30 days of start of regular contracted service to receive coverage.
- 1.2 The insurance benefits become effective on September 1 of the new contract year. Contracted educators hired after the first contract day are eligible for insurance benefits on the first day of the month following the date of hire.
- 1.2.1 The effective date for new insurance benefit items that may be negotiated for teachers is September 1.
- 1.3 An educator is continuously insured from September 1 of the first contract year for as long as the educator is with the district.
- 1.3.1 Educators may make changes to their insurance benefit upon a qualifying event, i.e., marriage, divorce, birth, etc., and/or district's open enrollment period.
- 1.4 The insurance coverage ends at the time the educator terminates the contract. In cases where an educator has completed the contract year, the insurance shall remain in effect over the summer months until August 31.
- 1.5 Part-time contract educators may obtain the above cited insurance at a pro-rated cost.
Negotiated: May 21, 1980
Negotiated: December 9, 1985
Negotiated: October 14, 1986
Negotiated: August 25, 1987
Negotiated: September 29, 1988
Negotiated: September 18, 1990
Negotiated: November 26, 1991
Negotiated: May 19, 1992
Negotiated: September 8, 1993
Negotiated: May 24, 2002
Policy No. 4015
Negotiated: May 6, 2014