Policy No. 4459
(Ref.) Rules and Regulations No. 4459
1.0 WORK WEEK
- 1.1 The standard work week of all of the employees in the District who fall under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) will not exceed forty hours per week. Working over 40 hours a week is considered to be compensatory time and is administered according to the FLSA.
- 1.2 The work week is defined as starting Saturday (morning) 12:00 a.m. thru Friday (night) 12:00 midnight.
- 1.3 It is the responsibility of the principal/supervisor at each school/department to make sure that no employee covered in the FLSA works in excess of the forty hours per week unless it is requested by the employee’s principal/ supervisor.
- 1.4 The District agrees to abide by the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act as it relates to all employees provided the act remains applicable to school districts. (Refer to Policy #4400, 3.1)
- 1.5 All people employed to work at special activities will be paid at least the minimum wage as determined by Federal mandate.
- 1.6 It is intended that head custodians be on their jobs in the various buildings 7.5 hours per day, and the additional 2.5 hours to be used for weekend checking of buildings. In the event that additional time is required, the employee may request compensation time for the extra hours spent.
Negotiated: June 17, 1980
Negotiated Revision: August 19, 1986
Negotiated Revision: October 9, 1990
Negotiated Revision: May 2009
Board Reviewed: December 15, 2009